Tax Advice & Structuring
Our tax department assists clients in navigating the complex international tax landscape using a creative and hands-on approach to problem solving.
We advise on any tax aspects of debt and equity issuance, mergers and acquisitions, and for investment funds, real estate and private equity funds, focusing on Luxembourg direct taxation, international tax considerations, VAT and transfer pricing. In doing so, we endeavour to design and implement robust and efficient structures suitable to our clients´ businesses, ensuring maximum cash-flow efficiency and tax risk management.
Our tax team works in close co-operation with our other departments, providing a crosscutting approach to determining the most appropriate investment platform for each client to optimise tax efficiency. We also monitor the compliance of Luxembourg-based structures with relevant international anti-avoidance developments such as the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) action plan.
Our areas of expertise include:
- structuring of investments and divestments;
- transactional tax advice;
- structuring of international acquisitions;
- tax advice on reorganisations and refinancing transactions;
- structuring of management incentive schemes;
- tax due diligence, including risk assessment and quantification, contractual protection, negotiation of tax indemnities and insurance;
- advice on anti-abuse laws, such as Luxembourg general anti-abuse rules and Anti-Tax Avoidance Directives; and
- day-to-day Luxembourg direct and indirect tax matters.
We focus on what our clients have to tell us.
We must fully understand any factor that may affect them to better plan the next steps forward.
Understanding our clients, their needs and goals is key to providing the best service.
It is only after having clearly identified the issues or challenges at stake that we can find solutions.
You can rely on our experience and expertise to guide our research and make it as effective as possible for you.
With our preliminary work of understanding and research, we have all the tools to succeed in finding pragmatic and innovative solutions for our clients.
At B&R, we are not satisfied with proposing only proven solutions. We will always look further and higher to find you the best deal!